Zannou's uber tasty chicken sammich!

Zannou’s uber tasty chicken sammich!

NEEDZ:

• 1 boneless skinless chicken breast per 2 sammiches (boneless skinless breast is easier, but if you don’t mind the work or prefer a different cut, substitute as you like)
  • 1 red pepper per 2 sammiches (I go for the peppers that look like 4/8 segments as opposed to 3/6)
  • green leaf lettuce (I use green leaf because it has a mild flavour)
  • a red onion
  • a tomato (gonna be lots of tomato left over)
  • 1 slice of cheese per sammich,:a mild Gouda, or maybe Edam, at sharpest a marble cheddar
  • a honey-mustard sauce, making your own is EASY, 1:1 by volume yellow mustard and liquid honey is the easiest
  • 1 multi-grain or whole-wheat kaiser bun per sammich
  • butter or non-hydrogenated margarin
  • 1/2 cup of italian (zesty) salad dressing (per 2 sammichs)
  • 1/4 tsp tabasco sauce (per 2 sammichs)
  • 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper (per 2 sammichs)
  • 1/2 tsp powdered garlic or finely minced garlic (per 2 sammichs)
  • 1/4 cop of white vinegar (per 2 sammichs)
  • 1/4 cup of orange juice (per 2 sammichs)

DOOZ:
  1. Start out by slicing the chicken breast in half “thick-wise” into ‘fillets’ (?). Not sure how else to describe it. you want two flat pieces of chicken out of each breast.
  2. prepare the marinade. Mix in a bowl the dressing, tabasco, crushed red pepper, garlic, vinegar and o.j. Marinate the chicken ‘fillets’ overnight or, if you have a vacuum sealer with a marinate attachment (woot!), 15 minutes.
  3. while marinating the chicken in the vacuum sealer OR the next day before cooking the chicken… core the seeds etc out of the red pepper and slice it into quarters.
  4. place the pepper quarters into a hot press-grill and cook on high-heat until the skin begins to separate from the flesh.
  5. remove the cooked pepper quarters from the grill and set aside to cool.
  6. make sure the press grill is at high-heat and cook the marinated chicken thoroughly.
  7. while the chicken is cooking and after the red pepper has cooled, peel the skin off of the peppers. I eat the skin, you can throw it away if you don’t like vitamins.
  8. slice the buns in half thick-wise and lightly toast in either a toaster or toaster oven.
  9. LIGHTLY butter (or margarin) the buns.
  10. build that sammich! Me? On the bottom half of the bun I start with the lettuce then the chicken. On top of that comes 2 quarters of the grilled red pepper (now skinless), a slice of tomato, some sliced red onion, then a slice of cheese (gouda FTW!). Finally, I spread a little honey-mustard sauce on the top of the bun and crown that masterpiece.
  11. salt and pepper or spice or tweak or own it to your taste.