White Bean and Turkey Chipotle Chili

Feel free to modify to personal tastes, this is actually a Weight Watchers recipe so it suggests a couple of leaner options than you might be used to using, but I made this up in the crock pot over the weekend and found it to be delicious as is. :3 It’s apparently also great for freezing for later, I just haven’t gotten that far in the process myself!

Ingredients

2 pound(s) uncooked ground turkey breast
1 large onion(s), chopped
2 clove(s) garlic clove(s), chopped (medium)
32 oz fat-free chicken broth
1 tsp Cumin seeds
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp chili powder, chipotle variety
30 oz canned white beans, drained and rinsed
3 Tbsp fresh lime juice
1/4 cup(s) cilantro, fresh, coarsely chopped (plus extra for garnish)

Instructions
Coat a large skillet with cooking spray. Cook turkey, onion and garlic over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until turkey is browned, about 10 minutes; drain off any fat.

Add turkey mixture and remaining ingredients to a 3 1/2 quart or larger slow cooker. Cover and cook on low heat setting for at least 4 hours.

This recipe would go great with some pork fat. :whistle:

I keed, I keed. I enjoy white beans, actually, they usually don’t get the same sort of respect that other beans do in most recipes, so I’m putting this one on the list to try.

With some pork fat added, of course.

Heehee…don’t blame you at all.

I’m curious to see other responses to this. I’d never had a white chili before and was happily surprised by it despite it being very much not what I have always considered chili.