• 3/4 cup white sugar
  • 1 egg, lightly beaten
  • 1/3 cup butter, melted
  • 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
  • 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 tablespoon butter

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease 10 muffin cups, or line with muffin papers.
  2. In a large bowl, mix together 1 1/2 cups flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, beat together bananas, sugar, egg and melted butter. Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
  3. In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, 2 tablespoons flour and cinnamon. Cut in 1 tablespoon butter until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal. Sprinkle topping over muffins.
  4. Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean.

Banana muffin recipe EVERYWHEEEERRRE!!

Also, these look totally delicious… I can’t cook worth beans (I’d burn a salad, and yes it’s possible), but I’ll pass this one on to my wife, she’s always looking for new baking recipes

Reading “burn a salad” and then picturing it was just hilarious. That’s gotta take talent.

WAIT…how do YOU know it’s possible? :slight_smile:

Hey! that’s very much like my recipe… except the following:

Add a little over 1/4 cup of Toll House Mini Morsel chocolate chips

Also, wait to put the crumb topping on until about 3-4 minutes before they are done (this way the crumbs stay in tack and it looks all bakery pro.

-and-

use paper muffin cups infused with Tiger’s Blood.

and that, my friends, provides 12 WINNING muffins.

Mir, you forgot you need to garnish it with a secret ingredient…

Mir has been teasing me with muffins and my neighbor ironically requested Banana Chocolate chip muffins for payment of watching my dog, so I’m going to need to make these–with the chocolate chips and definitely with the tiger’s blood. I just need to find my cooking wand and I’ll use my mind tools to create some WINNING muffins.

The crumbly topping is so, so worth it. That’s a nice thought with putting the crumb top on later so it’s pretty…but then you have to stop playing WOW part way through the baking to go add the topping. :smiley:
And Chocolet is a grand addition to anything, so I approve of the chocolate chips. Chopped Pecans would also be nice, but the crumb topping makes them tasty even when they are plain.
And Telvarion: I could post it in every other forum too if you like! And start a new forum just for muffins…and message it to you as well. THEN it would be everywhere. :slight_smile:

I am SO for this. The world could use more muffins.

Oh, and Kayse… you don’t want to know the answer