15 minute curry

The only concession here is the generic curry powder, bulk barn type mysterious stuff. If you concoct your own curry powder, that will also work…

Serves 2 generous portions

1 cup parboiled long grain rice, 2-1/2 cups water - put on to boil

Thats the 15 minute part over with. The next bit takes the same time to prep and cook.

1 medium (3" or larger diameter) sized cooking onion. Chop into medium bits, throw in saucepan with a tablespoon of olive oil and a little salt, medium high heat, cook until it gives up and caramelizes a bit.
Take 2 fresh tomatoes, chop small (can use a pulse chopper) throw in with onion at the 5 minute mark and add 2/3 cup of water. I often substitute V8 or other tomato based juice instead of the water.
A tablespoon of thompson raisins, throw in at same time.
Add curry powder, for this size I put in 5 or more teaspoons. If I wanna perk up the heat, I add any generic hot sauce I can grab.
While continuing to cook the onion and tomatoes take 100g sliced beef. Deli thickness. Chop into little bits. Throw in. Any deli meat will do, I’ve even done this with meatballs.
As we approach the 10 minute mark, onions are good, tomatoes are almost there, raisins are plumping.
Add one 175g pot of plain yoghurt.

The rice is almost done and the curry just needs to simmer for a few minutes. If you like your curry a bit fruity, add bog-standard marmalade. About a good tablespoon at the 10 minute mark. If you want a bit more volume, add a cubed potato or carrot (about 1/4" cubes) at the 5 minute mark, they should be cooked at the 15 minute point.

As with any spice dish, you’ll find the right balance of curry powder and seasoning.

Serve on rice with oven warmed naan bread.

Wriggle toes and enjoy.