The OpenRaid Let's get Mythic+s done thread!

Here re the needed infos:

-Alaval or Kasiusa
-Heals on Priest or Tank on Pally
-Key Range: never done any Mythics up to now, expecting 2-6
-Willing to run Thursday after Raid, Friday and Saturday nights
-Top picks: Thurday
-Would love weekly, but willing to fill-up as I learn the ropes

You can update my info. I’m pretty much always on Thursday after raid. Other days just catch me if I’m online or bug me on bnet/social media. The only day I definitely can’t do is Tuesday.

I’m feeling pretty comfortable tanking +15 unless it’s an awful key/affix. The highest I’ve completed (edit- within time) so far is a +17. I’m totally happy to do any key level though if you need a tank. <10+ if you’re asking me to heal.

Edit: Also (for anyone actually reading this and not just skimming over the list on the front page) just wanted to add that I’m working really hard to learn all of the dungeons, even the ones I don’t like. I even did Seat+13 the other day, which I have avoided since our first rather disastrous foray into it when it was first released and horribly tuned. Most comfortable with: Maw, Nelth, DHT, Arcway, BRH, Eye. Somewhat comfortable with: HoV, Cathedral, Seat, Vault, Lower Kara. Not (yet) comfortable with: Upper Kara, CoS… but working on it, and I’ll still do them, but probably not the best choice to tank if you’re wanting to do, say, a +17.

Hello Everyone! Thought I might sneak a peek and see what everyone is up to. Good to see you are busy knocking out content. Was wondering if Light was still tanking? Hadn’t seen anything posted by him in a while. Always enjoyed raiding behind the Tank team of Light & Ryla.

X

Hey X! Good to hear from you. Hope you’re doing well. Light and I are still both tanking. Aisling has been filling in when one of us wants to play something else or can’t make it.

Smallpoxx - Holy priest. I can heal pretty much any night except for Sundays. I have done a few M+ dungeons but it has been months since I stepped into one. Range I’d be comfortable with is M10 - M16 (17) Did a M14 and was barely over the time in a PUG. Mostly looking for occasional and fill in spots. If you see me on my alt in the guild (Chitah - monk) and you need a healer just whisper me and I will jump on Smallpoxx.

Astralz -WyrmrestAccord
-DPS
-Key Range: I’m not that experienced with dungeons/M+ so I’m not sure. If there is a beginner group around, I’d be down to join.
-Available: Most days are fine for me, though Sunday and Mondays I may not be available.
-Top Pick: Again, any day is fine, but I’ll say Thursday or Friday night.
A weekly group would be nice, but I’m totally fine with filling in occasionally.

Winter here. Tuesday thursdays preferred since I’ll be on post raid, Saturday’s are right out, but other times work. Ping me if you see I am on. Tank/ heal Paladin. More classes available sooner or later, but I am NOT a dps player by any stretch, so plan on having me tank or heal in a run. I’ve completed up to +12 on a healing spec, +10 as a tank.

Is this still going ?

I’d love to get a group running on Thursday’s after raid. Been trying to get in groups that were forming, but haven’t had any luck lately.

Best way to get into a regular group is to stay in Discord after the raids end. There have been a number of times when a group failed to get going because everyone just logged out and they couldn’t find the last 1 or 2 people needed.

If I’m around, I try to help setup groups based on there being enough tanks/healers. We have 5 people geared enough and willing to tank (which is crazy awesome), and at least an equal number of capable healers. It’s just a matter of finding a tank/healer combo that works for your playtime and play style. (some groups push timers, others are more relaxed, etc).

Being that you are a healer, Allaval, it should be even easier if you can find someone who doesn’t normally get to tank in the raids, but wants to. The couple of groups that tend to fill really fast have been running together for a few years, which can make it hard to snag a spot unless someone is out that night. highly suggest asking in gchat or over discord if there is a tank looking to form a group long term. I’m sure someone is going to respond. =)

I would very much like to get a regular group to run Mythics on a different night than raids. Prefer folks that are interested in progressing and not just get your weekly chest and done. I am fairly open to days and times that work best for a regular group. If you are interested let me know. I can tank/dps, even open to heal if that’s what is required. Like I said looking for a regular group for progressing not just one run and done.

This is a list to start with- please add\modify so we can keep it updated:
Tanks that I know of that can run mythics up to +7 or so now: Light (Wutangpan), Ryla, Kalius, Winterslight, Gomletta, Lionel on his DK.
Healers: Cynemon, Simbezo, Winterslight, Allaval, Aisling, Jitlok, Faran, Smallpoxx.

Id think most folks can also fill a second role as well.

Now, the fair but firm part of this post: the challenge in M+ runs is typically having solid dps on the run that know the runs. If you are learning, id suggest doing low keys at waycrest manor or the MOTHERLODE to get better and faster. I totally understand dps reluctance to sit in q and get a cruddy group to run with in lfr. That’s crazy. the suffixes get added at 4, 7, and 10. plan on being on discord during the run. Some instances can be easy one week, and totally suck the next depending on the level and suffixes. Talk about it with your group BEFORE you roll in, yknow? :slight_smile: And temple is a dog’s breakfast, all the time. :stuck_out_tongue:

Also to add to Winter’s post – The difference between a successful higher key group and a nightmare group is typically not a bad tank or healer (in our guild groups, anyway), its the dps. In anything above a +2, all 3 dps are expected to perform the following tasks -while- maintaining their high dmg rotations:

-Interrupts
-Dispels
-CC
-Knowing where your ass is (aka, not pulling extra mobs)

If you are failing in one or more of these categories, it is easy to practice and get better. Plenty of the Tuesday heroic group run lower mythics on their alts and would be more than happy to let you get used to CC & also teach you positioning/paths of the various instances. Interrupts should pretty much always be on cooldown during a pull, and you should have an addon that let’s you dispel party members if you have that ability. If your interrupts require a certain pet at the expense of your dps, then yes, chances are high that you will be required to use that pet at the expense of being the top dmg dealer. Mythic+ instances, just like Mythic raiding, is about maximizing all of the tools of your class, not just the obvious one – that of doing damage.

And just as with raiding, there are mythic+ videos that will teach you the route and boss strat before you ever step inside the instance. If you do not know an instance, you are being selfish if you join a +3 group or higher. It simply boils down to this: If you couldn’t/didn’t have the time to run each instance in a 20 minute heroic pug to see the place, then I’ll be blunt, you don’t have the the time to be doing mythic+ at the expense of your group. You are actually wasting -their- time when the intention is to hit timer, but the group fails to succeed.

Lastly, if you are not taking these tasks and abilities seriously, then you will 100% be the reason 4 other people do not make timer. There is a certain amount of responsibility that you are taking on when you agree to fill a spot in a timed run. At a certain point, a mythic+ will exceed the difficulty of our raids. As of today, that point is around +3 for the normal group and +5 for the heroic group. When in doubt, you can always ask me privately where I believe you would rank in the M+ system based on your stats from the raids.

If you are wondering what is required from mid to higher level keys, you can always check out the recording of my streams on Twitch. They stay in archive for a few weeks, and you can see what makes the difference between a successful and a failed timer (and this is after the raids when fatigue sets in, lol!)

I hope that helps everyone looking to jump in, but unsure where to start. I hope everyone who wants to get into a group does, so don’t hesitate to message me about what would work best for you. =D

I can heal post raids, but my preferred evening would be Wednesdays.

Glad I stumbled on to this post. As someone who left during Draenor and returned at the end of Legion, Mythics are a new phenomenon to me. As such, I had no idea they were such serious business. After being humbled the last few weeks at a couple of failed timer attempts and one downright ugly one in Underrot, I will learn these dungeons at a lower level before raising my hand for a higher level one. So, if there are any learner friendly, (lower key) groups going (usually after raid for me), I’d like to be a part of those.

Cheers, Shrutefarms

If I’m on and not already in a group, please feel free to grab me anytime for any level key. I’m more than happy to give instruction, or just pew pew to fill a group. My goal is and always has been to get as many interested people into Mythic+. The most efficient (and least stressful) way that I know of is to have an experienced player drop down to a lower key and help 4 other people.

Getting better at Mythic+ also makes everyone better in the raids, so its a big win all around. =D

I’d love join you all if any group needs a dps. I feel like I can do up to a 7, but I don’t have much experience with certain dungeons like Siege and Sethraliss so I’m fine with doing lower keys to learn them better. Also I’m not in Goml, so if you need to reach me you can throw me a message in discord, I’m usually on there. You can also whisper me in-game: Astralz-Wyrmrest Accord

I’d like to run mythics.I have 4 toons that I could run with. The first two can push 7-9 and the next two up to a 5. Askiastout-Aggramar (balance druid), Lahskmi-Aggramar (beast mastery hunter). Smileycyrus-Aggramar (ret pally), Mobbbarley-Aggramar (bm hunter). If I’m on try me its likely I’m available.