Filling:
1 cup Sugar
1 cup Light Corn Syrup
1/3 cup real butter
4 eggs lightly beaten
1 TSP Vanilla
1/4 TSP salt
2 cups pecan halves

1 frozen deep dish pie shell (do not thaw), if you’re one of those lucky people who can make a decent crust, by all means, do.

In a sauce pan, add the sugar, corn syrup and butter. Cook over low heat until butter melts and sugar dissolves, stirring regularly. To see when the sugar has dissolved, pull your spoon up and rub a little of the mixture between your fingers, you shouldn’t feel any grains of sugar. Let the mixture cool about 10-15 minutes, it should be warm but not hot (you don’t want to scramble your eggs with it).

In a separate bowl, beat eggs, vanilla and salt. Pour in a little of the corn syrup mixture (about 1/4 to 1/2 cup) while stirring with a whisk to temper your eggs, then slowly add the remaining. Mix with a whisk until thoroughly combined.

You can either pour the pecans in with the filling (they’ll rise to the top), or pour the filling into the pie shell and place the pecans on top. The only difference is presentation.

Bake directly on the rack at 325 for 50-55 minutes. Until the edges of the crust are slightly brown. Pie will set as it cools (about 4 hours). You can also cheat and put it in the fridge once it’s cooled a little.

I do so love pecan pie and this is also the recipe I use lol I make 5 of them every thanksgiving and there is never any left…(big big family lol)

It’s my favorite. And this recipe beats the one on the back of the Karo bottle. I make 3 for Thanksgiving and Christmas. And just this last year I started getting requests from relatives wanting their very own pies to take home with them. My uncle even offered to pay. lol

I am totally buying the ingredients this weekend to make this…
YUM.

This looks great. If only I cooked…

A little fire, and treants burn easily… oh… that’s not what you meant…