Sagan's One Pan Mexican Stuff

In my never ending search of food that is easy to make and tasty I came up with this – its a one-pan (easy clean up!) dish that’s really good. I’m sure Scullie will be able to fix it so that its healthy too but I like my unhealthy food LOL

Ingredients:

3 lbs of hamburger
1 packet of taco seasoning
1 can of refried beans
3 cups of shredded cheese (I use the Mexican mix, but cheddar is good too)
1-12oz jar of salsa (I use chunky medium, but whatever you prefer)**
Served with the standard taco toppings (tomatoes, lettuce, sour cream…)

In an oven-safe skillet brown your hamburger and break it up as you would for tacos. Once the hamburger is browned, drain the grease (I rinse it to get all the grease out but you don’t have to). Then add the taco seasoning and 2/3 of the jar of salsa**. Then add refried beans until the mixture starts to clump together (usually about 1/2 to 2/3 of the can). Let that simmer for about 5-10 minutes (until it bubbles). Then add the cheese on top and place the skillet in the oven on broil until the cheese is melted (it is very important that you not start to play WOW at this point, or the cheese WILL burn and although it is edible, its not tasty – yes I have done this).

You can serve this with tortillas wraps, taco shells or even tortilla chips for dipping.

**Instead of salsa you can follow the directions on the taco seasoning packet as far as how much water to add to mix it with the meat.

3lbs of HAMBURGER!?!?!

I hope you don’t eat all that in one sitting…

Unless that is the serving size for all of Ethiopia.

OMG… you are so mean to me! lol I usually end up throwing part of it away and I only use 1 or 1.5 lbs for me – depends on how I split up the hamburger when I brought it home and froze it. Even then it pretty much lasts me a week – and that’s with me eating it for lunch and dinner. Which is why I only make it once a great while. Like every 6 months or so, when I get the urge to actually cook.

If you need to, you can easily cut the ingredients in half, just eyeball stuff, and it’ll all taste good. I’m not much for measuring things. lol

::edited for clarity::

I’m gonna have to double the recipe or I’ll be hungry still after the meal :slight_smile:

We are so trying this…

well let me know if you like it or not.

You logged last night before I could give you the report…

My wife and I made this for dinner, and it was very good. she did tortillas, I did corn chips much like a taco salad. This got a double thumbs up from the Gunray household…

Now you got me craving this! My lazy ass is gonna have to get to the grocery store. :doh:

Yea I’ve been having lots of fun in the sun so I’ve not been on as much. Thursday I have NO plans, so I’m looking forward to playing some wow.