Ruin's Baked Apples!

So with the 15 minute server restart going on two hours, I figured I would get around to posting this.

Ingredients:
the following amounts are approximate for 4 apples, and will depend varying on the size of apples you choose. The ratios are correct though.
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup diced Pecans (or another nut of your choosing)
1/4 cup Dried fruit of your choosing (I reccomend a mixture of white and red raisins)
1 tsp of Cinnamon
1 Pinch of fresh ground nutmeg (optional)
Butter.
1/2 cup Maple syrup (the real stuff, not the fake stuff in a plastic squeeze bottle)
1/2 cup cider
4 sweet apples suitable for baking. I recommend gala or fuji apples as the hold up to the process the best. Under no circumstances should you use a tart apple like a Granny smith, trust me. Red delicious also lack necessary flavor.
Vanilla Ice cream.
Rum or brandy

1. Start by preheating your oven to 375 degrees, with a tray in the middle of the oven
  2. In a small bowl, give your dried fruit a soak in rum or brandy to plump them up and infuse a little flavor. Let them sit their while you continue the next step.
  3. using a melon baller, start to core your apples. Do not core all the way through the apple. The goal is to creat an apple bowl, not an apple doughnut.
  4. profit
  5. In a mixing bowl combine your nuts (you may need to dice them yourself), fruit, cinnamon, and nutmeg should you choose to use it, and mix it by hand until it is all mixed thoroughly.
  6. Fill your newly made apple bowls with this sweet, sandy concotion you’ve just made
  7. place your apples in a glass/pyrex pan (do not use metal!)
  8. place a pat of butter (about a 1/4 -1/2 inch of a stick of butter) on top of each apple, covering the hole.
  9. pour the cider (along with a splash of rum if you’d like) into the bottom of the pan. This will help keep the apples moist as they cook.
  10. Drizzle the maple Syrup over the apples. You may find you need more maple. This will help serve as a sweetener so if you like your deserts sweet, don’t be shy.
    11)Place your apples in in oven for 50-55 minutes. The Skin of the apple will start to shrivel and may even crack in some places. This is to be expected. Cooking the apples on the longer side will make them mushier, so adjust times to your preference.

in the end they should look like this:

When they are cooked to your satisfaction, let them cool (as the inside will remain surprisingly hot. Serve with Vanilla ice cream and caramel!

/drool

Oh god…I don’t even want to know how many points I’d use up on one of those…but I just might have to figure it out!