Recipes for freezer-friendly meals?

Anyone got any recipes for healthy, freezer-friendly meals? Mrs. Pix and I are expecting our first vanity pet in about a month, and we’re trying to stock up on meals before she arrives (less cooking = more raiding!). Dishes that give a +stam buff would be especially appreciated…

Thanks!

I find this keeps pretty well in the freezer.

http://everything2.com/title/recipe+for+ice

A healthy snack, indeed. That will go wonderfully with the numerous Jack-and-cokes Mrs. Pixie and I will no doubt be consuming in the months to come.

Here are 2 easy recipes that you can throw in the crockpot in the morning and eat at dinner or make in advance and freeze. I use turkey here, but you can substitute ground beef if you wish.

Easy Marinara Sauce
3 gloves garlic (minced or crushed)
1/4 cup minced fresh Italian parsley (or used dried equivalent)
1/4 cup olive oil
1 cups chopped peeled tomatoes (or 1 large can), pref. San Marzano style
1t crumbled oregano
1/2 t salt
1 can tomato paste
Optional: approx. 1 lb. Hot or Mild Italian style turkey sausage (ie. Jenny-O)

Saute garlic and parsley in olive oil until garlic is delicately brown; add remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil and then reduce to simmer for at least an hour or transfer to crockpot on low setting.

If you want to add the meat, cut the sausages into bite-size pieces and put in the slow cooker for 8 hours or pre-cook in a pan and add in later. It will be nice and tender and juicy at dinner.

Slow Cooker Taco Meat
1-1.25 lb package of lean ground turkey meat (or ground beef)
1-2 Tbsp dehydrated onion OR 1/2 fresh onion chopped
1-2 cloves minced garlic OR 1/2 tsp garlic salt
1/2-1 tsp salt (omit if using garlic salt)
1/2 to 1 Tbsp chili powder (use 1/2 Tbsp if you don’t like it spicy)
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp cornstarch
1/4 cup water

Brown meat, onion and garlic together. Add other spices to cooked meat and transfer to slow cooker. Add water and cook on Low for up to 8 hours. Add cornstarch to thicken right before serving. The quick way is to brown the meat, add spices and simmer for 10 minutes.

You know… it has some serious prep, but never underestimate the power of a big old lasagna. Make it once… eat it for days (well, when there’s only 2 of you atm).

If you lived nearby, Pixie, I would totally drop one off for you… minus 2 squares. xD