Quinoa Salad

An excellent quinoa salad recipe. This one is vegetarian. I know, big surprise coming from me so you know it must be good if it has no meat and I still like it :biggreen:

WHAT YOU NEED:

1/2 cup quinoa
1-1/2 teaspoons butter
1 cup broth (vegetable broth, or if you are not vegetarian you could use chicken broth)
1/2 diced green bell pepper
1/4 cup diced red onion
1/2 cup corn
1 can black beans, drained
2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
1 roma tomato, diced
1 lime, juiced
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon olive oil
1-1/2 teaspoons adobo seasoning (optional. I don’t know what this is or where to find it so I’ve always left it out and it turns out fine)
1/4 cup feta cheese (I always at least double this)
salt and black pepper to taste (half the time I forget this and it’s still good)

DIRECTIONS:

Rinse the quinoa thoroughly under cold water, and drain. Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat, and cook and stir the quinoa until the water has evaporated and the quinoa is lightly toasted, about 3 minutes. Pour in the chicken broth, bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer until the quinoa has absorbed all the broth, about 10 minutes. Cool quinoa in refrigerator at least 10 minutes.

Mix together green pepper, red onion, corn, black beans, cilantro, tomato, lime juice, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, adobo seasoning, and feta cheese in a large salad bowl.
Lightly stir in the quinoa, and season with salt, pepper, and additional lime juice to taste, if desired.

Chill the salad at least 30 minutes before serving; serve cold. Eat, enjoy!