PB, O and B

There’s already a good looking chili recipe on here, so I guess I’ll have to share my other specialty.

I sometimes call it the Elvis, because someone told me he loved peanut butter and bacon sandwiches, though I later heard it was bananas, not bacon. Anyhow, sounds weird, right? It’s my own invention and IMO it’s amazing! I have fed it to friends, who’ve asked for seconds. Though usually guys, girls tend to refuse to even try it. Their loss.

2 slices sourdough bread
Creamy peanut butter, I like Jif, Skippy is okay too but don’t try organic, the texture is all wrong.
1 slice of purple onion
3 strips of crispy bacon
Butter

Spread the peanut butter on both slices of bread, add crisp bacon and a generous slice of raw purple onion, put sandwich together. Easy enough, but the magic is in the grilling! That’s right, spread butter on outsides of the sandwich and grill until it’s a nice toasty brown and the peanut butter is all hot and gooey. Careful eating, the peanut butter tends to drip out if you used enough.

I’d love to hear if anybody dares try it, it’s really better than it might sound at first.