M+ Dungeon Rating and partial rewards list

Hi all,

There’s been discussion on M+, mainly which keys you may want to run, what you get for doing them, and how to succeed at them. So, a list and data point, of sorts.

First, a list of what rewards you receive for both competing a M+ and then for completing it before the timer runs down to 0.

Then, what you need to be doing in your role in the dungeon- tanks, healers and dps.

A brief word on the different suffixes the mobs can have, and what they mean in the dungeon.

Finally, a break down of the available dungeons from ones that are almost always worth doing, to dungeons where you need to do some homework, to the ones that you don’t really want to do if you have any other choice.

WINTER, I DON’T WANNA SUFFER, WHY DO I WANT TO RUN M+ DUNGEONS AT ALL???

Good news here- you don’t have to. Benthic gear has made gearing up much simpler in season 3. You just need a metric crapton of pearls to upgrade your stuff to max level. If you are raiding, you will be getting 415 or 430 gear, with the chances of it hero or titan forging. Except for the Azerite pieces, which NEVER hero or titan forge. You do You.

WEEEEEEEELLLLLLLL, OK, I DO WANT BETTER GEAR THAN HOPING FOR RAID DROPS. WHAT KINDA PHAT LEWTS WILL M+ GIVE ME?

Here’s the deal. M+ Dungeons drop loot after you defeat the final boss. You can use tokens to try and get more loot, even.
M+2 410. +3 415. +4-5 420. +6 425. +7-8 430. +9 435. 10+ 440. You will also receive Titan Residuum in these chests, how much determined by what level key you ran. Then, there are awards available in the M+\pvp chest after Tuesday resets in the room with the Archaeology trainer. Same ilvl values, but lots more residuum. The level of the item is based on what your highest completed M+ was the previous week. Not the highest you completed in time, but the highest you finished. Pretty sweet.

WHATS THE RESID, uh, RAND, um, WHAT’S THE TITAN STUFF FOR?
Glad you asked, there is a vendor in the room with the gent who sells your token each week. He sells Azerite gear you can purchase with that Titan Residuum. Random ilvl 430 gear is 9k per piece. 430 specific gear is 47k each. I’m not going to break your spirit and tell you how much 445 gear is.

HOLY %$#@^%$ %$#, 47K FOR A PIECE OF GEAR. NVM THAT, NINE K? WHERE IN GODS NAME AM I GONNA GET THAT MUCH OF THE TITAN STUFF?
Yah. If you can run and complete a +6 each week, and break epic Azerite gear of at least Ilvl 400, it’ll take three or four weeks to earn 9k of the titan residuum. Those items upgrade to 435 when you get your heart of Azeroth to a certain level. You can also get gear of that level from emissary quests, so smash it if you don’t need it.

OK, YOU SOLD ME. WHAT DO I NEED TO KNOW TO NOT SUCK AT RUNNING THESE?

Easy peasy. The higher the level of key, the more health mobs have, and the harder they hit.

As a tank, you need to have mitigations, taunts, interrupts, and AoE and or pulling abilities on your taskbar. Self healing abilities where you can quickly access them. You’ll need them all- you are not there to damage mobs, only to anger them into hitting you instead of the squishy mage or hunter who love to stack haste and or crit or the crazy ass panda priest who face pulls. And no, I have no idea who you think I might be talking about :stuck_out_tongue:.

Healers: All the heals. Whatever your Decurse\ungoop is. Interrupts. If you have something that does damage, it as well. Mitigation.

DPS- Single and multi target dps. Interrupts. CC. Escape moves. Every trick you have, you’ll need it.

Suffixes in a dungeon: These change week to week. Some weeks are WAY better than others. You will always have either Fortified or Tyrannical: Fortified means the trash mobs are tougher and hit harder, Tyrannical means the Bosses will.

At +4, you get another affix. Here’s what they mean:

Bolstering: non boss mobs buff those around them when they die- increasing their health and the damage they do. You need to kill these mobs at the same time as much as you can- a 4x buffed mob on a +6 one shots most non tanks and laughs at your puny dps.

Bursting- non boss mobs explode when they die, doing 5% of your health pool- this stacks- do NOT be surrounded by lots of mobs at low health here. Kill em one by one. This one can be a joy in places with narrow passages.

Raging- non boss enemies enrage at low health, increasing damage they do.

Sanguine: when non boss mobs die, they leave a puddle that hurts you if you stand in it, and heals mobs if they stand in it. yank em out of it. Another one that sucks in places with narrow passages.

Teeming- lots of non boss enemies in the dungeon compared to non teeming weeks. Be very careful with pulls this week, you can get a rude surprise.

at +7 it get better- you get a second affix. Here’s that list:

Explosive: mobs can summon an orb- you have 6 seconds to kill it or it explodes doing 50% of your full health. These are immune to AOE, so single target nukes are used.

Grievous: players take damage per tick, stacking up to 8% per tick, until healed above 90% of their health. Healers HAAAAAAAAAAATE this one.

Necrotic: melee attacks place a debuff that both does damage and reduces healing. Tanks need to kite away at around 10 stacks to let these fall off, which takes 9 seconds. Not a tank favorite affix.

Quaking: all players will occasionally quake, doing 20% of health and interrupting casting. Stay spread out.

Skittish- Tanks generate 75% less threat. We call this the “huh, Mir’s casting ice block 5 seconds into the dungeon” affix. Don’t go with big pulls this week.

Volcanic: mobs cast volcanoes that burst under the feet of distant foes. Not a big deal, keep an eye out.

I won’t cover the +10 affixes here, you can look em up if you decide to do one. :slight_smile:

WINTER, TELL ME THE DUNGEONS WE SHOULD RUN.

ok here’s Winters list of best to worst instances to run when you have a key for it.

Best: Atal’Dazar, the Motherlode, Freehold, Waycrest Manor.

OK, but harder.: Underrot, Tol Dagor, Mechagon Second Half, Kings Rest, Siege of Boralus, Temple of Sethraliss.

You don’t Really want to run these if you can help it: Mechagon first half, Shrine of Storms

There you go. Now go chase your fortune and glory. Holler if you have any questions.