I demand Marinade recipes!

That’s right… give me your best marinade recipes! I mainly do chicken, but steak rocks too. Post the normal… the funky, the ethnic… just post them!

so… hungry…

A favorite of mine for chicken is just Kraft Tuscan Italian Dressing with Balsamic Vinegar.

Put a little in a ziplock bag and put the chicken in it. Let the air out, mush it around to get dressing all over the chicken and leave it in the frig for an hour, or overnight. Throw it on the grill.

Edit: and for steak… A good cut, and just salt and pepper! :biggreen:

best marinades i use have no recipe… jsut always addasome vinegar to “soften” the meat… i usually jsut grab sruff form fridge and spice rack throw together and let sit for an hour or so to get full affect… mustard really seems to flavor steaks well

This one is so easy, you’ll laugh. Just please don’t tell Glork just how easy… We usually just do this with chicken.

Wait for it… wait for it…

Raspberry vinaigrette dressing. That’s all. Throw that in with the chicken, add enough water to cover them, swish it around a bit, and let it sit and soak it all up. If you’re feeling productive (or you think you would when you actually cook it), reserve a bit of dressing to cook in with the meat and give it more of a sauce.

I got this recipe from a Korean-American friend in Hawaii many years ago–it was her family recipe. It makes a great marinade and also a good dipping sauce. I use it to marinate thin strips of flank steak or ribeye steak then thread them on a wood or metal skewer and put them on the grill for 2 minutes a side. It’s also good for tofu (just be sure to cut the block into squares and then press them under a cutting board with a towel to drain the water).

Korean Barbeque Sauce (small batch recipe in parentheses)
3 cups soy sauce (1/2 cup)
1 1/2 cups sugar (1/4 cup)
3/4 cup toasted sesame seeds (1/8 cup)
3/4 t pepper (1/8 t)
6 T mirin (Asian food section)(1T)
9 cloves garlic (1-2 cloves)
3 T sesame oil (1/2 T)

Blend all ingredients for 10-15 seconds. Makes 6 cups (1 cup)

Cover [meat substance] with Newcastle Brown Ale - broil. Serve.

For dessert, Newcastle Brown Ale and a generous scoop of vanilla bean ice cream.

Enjoy!

This may very well change your life.

Flank Steak Marinade
Source: Pixie Family Standby

Ingredients:
1/3 C soy sauce
3 T red wine
1/8 tsp garlic powder
2 T chopped mango chutney (we use major grey’s)
1 T instant minced onion

Directions:
Marinate at least 4 hours. Turn frequently. Recipe marinates 2 steaks.
Cook on the grill until medium rare. Slice steak at an angle in very thin
slices.