Glutn Free Pizza Crust
Makes 2 crusts
2 tsp. honey or sugar
1 1/4 cups warm water
1 packet active dry yeast
1 tsp. olive oil
2 cups potato or tapioca starch (do not use potato flour)
1/2 cup corn flour (do not use cornstarch)
1/2 cup brown rice flour
1/2 cup chickpea (garbanzo) flour
1/2 cup millet flour
1 tsp. gluten-free baking powder
2 tsp. xanthan gum
1 tsp. sea salt
1/4 cup olive oil
1 egg. beaten
- Ina small bowl, combine the honey & water. Add the yeast & allow the mixture to sit for 10 minutes, until it looks frothy and bubbly.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 450 degree. Rub a large baking sheet with the olive oil; set aside. In a large mixing bowl, combine the potato starch, corn flour, brown rice flour, chickpea flour, millet flour, baking powder, xanthan gum, and sea salt.
- Add the proofed yeast, olive oil, and egg to the flour mixture. Stir with a wooden spoon until stiff, then turn dough out onto a surface lightly coated with corn flour, and knead the dough until it comes together. It should be stiff but soft. If the dough is too sticky, add an additional tablespoon of corn flour. If dough is too crumbly, add a tablespoon of water.
- Cover the dough with a damp cloth and let it rest for 15 minutes.
- Divide the dough in half. If not using the other half right away, place it in a resealable plastic bag and refrigerate (will keep for 3-4 days). On parchment paper, roll out half the dough into a 1/4 inch thick circle. Transfer the dough to the prepared baking sheet by lifting the parchment paper and flipping the dough onto the baking sheet; peel off the parchment paper.
- Top the dough as desired. Bake the pizza for about 15 minutes, until the edges are golden brown. Cut into 8 equal slices and enjoy.
Per serving: Calories 170, Fat 5g (sat. fat 0.7g), Carbohydrate 29g (fiber 3g, sugars 2g), Cholesterol 10mg, Sodium 190mg, Potassium 270mg, Protein 4g, Phosphorus 120mg.
Since I am diabetic and cant have sugar or salt this is a great way to still enjoy pizza.