Easy Nommy Blondie Brownies

Ok, I know I keep promising to post a lot of great recipes, but have gotten bogged down by some things lately. I tried this one out last night and it was soooo awesome, I found time to post it right away.

1 stick of butter
1 cup all purpose flour (not sifted)
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 egg
1tsp-ish vanilla (I use a tad more, because I like it!)
1 cup brown sugar (firmly pressed as usual)
a handful of chocolate chips (optional, but amazing)
if you like nuts, you can use them too

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Using an 8" pan (square or round work just fine), foil line the inside. This allows for easy cleanup and really easy removal of the goods later. Also, you won’t need extra grease, since the foil just peels away.

In a sauce pan, melt the butter (but don’t make it too hot, or you’ll waste time cooling it). Mix in the brown sugar until you have a gooey sugar slurry kinda thing going. Put your vanilla in next and stir. If the vanilla makes a boiling area, it’s probably too hot and needs to cool a couple of minutes. Next, add your egg and stir until mixed well enough. (don’t worry, it will mix again in flour.) If your sugar goodness is too hot, it will cook your egg and that sucks, so its worth the time to cool it if need be.

In a medium large sized bowl, mix your flour, baking powder and salt. Add your sugar goodness and mix well. While its still warm, throw in your chocolate chips and give one or two quick swirls of the batter. The chips will melt and make chocolaty swirls in your batter. DON’T OVER MIX! As you drop the batter into your foil-lined pan, more mixing will occur. If you over mix, it will just be a brown chocolate thing. Still very tasty, but not as pretty.

Set in the oven for between 20 and 25mins depending on the pew pew power of your oven. My newer electric oven cooked it perfectly in 20, so make sure to check.

The brownies are done when the edges look solid, shorta like candy a little, but not any more brown than it started out as. The inside will still compress like molten yumminess, but will solidify as it cools.

Set the pan on a cooling rack (or your stove burners ‘set to off’ works too) until totally cool. Ok… so I take the foil out of the pan while still a tad warm, but if you go too early, it can collapse in the middle.

Using a pizza cutter, you can carve up your brownies on the inside cleanly, but will probably need a knife for the edges. It’s worth making both tools dirty, for better presentation.

Last, just peel out your pieces and enjoy! Great with ice cream…

NOM NOM!

ok in oven, hmm 20-25 min sounds like its time for AV

edit

done and cooled off, NOM NOM NOM … YUM :clap: