Crockpot Split Pea Soup with Sausage

Hey Goml cooks,
This is my first entry here, so enjoy. I usually hate peas, but loved this soup. I will give you the actual recipe. Your supposed to use atleast a 5qt crockpot, but ours is a 4qt so we had to revise the recipe a little to fit in our pot. Just throw all the following ingredients in the crockpot for about 5 hours on high or all day on low.

1 lb Dry Split Peas
Chopped Carrots (1-2 large ones)
Chopped Celery (2-3 stalks)
Chopped Onion (whole onion)
1 lb Sausage (whatever kind you like, could even use ham too)
Chopped Potatoes (2, or we found we like the small red potatoes even better so we use about 5 of those)
1 Clove of Minced Garlic
10 cups of water (this is where we had to cut it back to 7-8 for the size of our crockpot)
5 Chicken bouillon cubes (we make our own broth so we add about 2-3 cups of that instead and use water to make the balance of the 10 cups)
2 Bay Leaves (as you all know, take out before serving)
Oregano, Salt, Pepper to taste (the sausage is usually pretty salty so you can always add more salt later to taste)
Whatever other spices you like in your soup

It is really easy to make in the morning before work, and you just throw it all in the crockpot and dinner is ready when you get home. It goes very well with cornbread too…yum.
Phixx/Janx

yummmmmmmmmmmy got to try this. Being a bachelor I love simple and something that cooks while I am gone lol. I wonder how this would do with some dirty rice

Ya know Oldo, with a little less shine you wouldn’t be dropping your rice on the floor and could have “clean” rice with the soup =)

HAHHAHAAHAH that made me really laugh sagan, good job

And I will totally be trying this recipe. I have a hambone splitpea recipe, but it does take some effort throughout the day. Crockpot FTW

Saggin that is never gonna happen lol so I will have dirty rice…cornbread…sandwiches and whatever else manages to slip thru my finger hahaha