1/2 white onion, vidalia recomended
1 container of chicken hearts
1 32 ounce container of chicken broth
Water as needed, Can substitute in chicken stock
Poultry seasoning
Chef Paul Prudhomme’s Poultry Magic
1 tbsp salted butter

1. Basic preparation
    1a) Thoroughly wash the vegetables (food borne illness is no joke)
    1b) Medium Chop the celery and onion, but not the carrots or potatoes
  2. Load the crockpot
    2a) Put the chicken in the crockpot
    2b) Add the vegetables to the crockpot
    2c) Add the chicken broth to the crockpot (carefully, unless you like cleaning up large sticky messes)
  3. Brown the chicken hearts
    3a) Melt the butter in a saucepan, using medium heat
    3b) Add the chicken hearts
    3c) Add the seasoning as you see fit
    3d) Browning makes the seasoning stick to the hearts, the main cooking occurs in the crockpot
    2d) Add the hearts to the crockpot
    2e) Add more seasoning to the cockpot as you see fit, we usually use around 1 tbsp of each by the time is said and done
    2f) Add water or chicken stock to raise the liquid level so the entire chicken is covered. Water dilutes flavor, so even though the chicken stock is a pain to make, I feel it is worth the hassle
  4. Cook the crockpot contents
    3a) If you want fast, use the high setting for 6 hours
    3b) Adjust the time as needed for lower settings
  5. The soup is very hot at the end
    4a) Especially the potatoes, I have come close to burning the roof of my mouth with them

The chicken stock recipe I recommend comes out of the book Fork In The Road by Chef Prudhomme. If you can find a recipe that sounds good to you on the Internet, more power to you, as that saves you the cost of the book on the Nook (not much, I am happy to have it, as the Nook reader is free). The chicken hearts make a huge difference in the taste.

----- edit here -----
The chicken bones are a problem for me. I’m going to try cubed chicken breasts next and see if the flavor is unchanged. I am not thrilled with store-bought stock, which is why I prefer to make my own. I also think store-bought stock is better than water, so I use it when I’m feeling lazy. Hopefully, this isn’t TMI.