Ingredients:

• Fake crab meat
  • Cream Cheese
  • Won ton wrappers
  • Oil (peanut or vegetable)
  • Small bowl of water
  • Wok

Procedure:

Step 1 : Mix the fake crab and cream cheese in a bowl. A 1:1 mixture should work.

Step 2 : Put about a teaspoon or so of the crab/cheese into a wonton wrapper. Dip your finger into the bowl of water and run it along two adjacent sides of the wrapper. Fold the wrapper over and run your finger down those sides again, sealing it. Repeat until you have as many Rangoons as you want to make.

Step 3 : Pour a small amount of oil into the wok and heat. This is where most people seem to go wrong. You don’t need a lot of oil for this. You aren’t deep frying them. It should be just enough not to cover the rangoon when you put it in.

Step 4 : Drop the rangoons into the oil for only a few moments. These will cook FAST.

Step 5 : Eat. A side dish of soy sauce is excellent for dipping.

WARNING: Do not leave a wok full of oil unattended, even for a few seconds. It may catch fire, which is very nasty… as I can personally attest.

Note: Tofu may be used in place of the fake crab meat.

If I may ask. What is Wok? :slight_smile:

Wok - Wikipedia :slight_smile:

What qualifies as “fake crab meat”?

:biggreen:

Fake crab meat is usually pollock, a white fish that has been processed to look like crab. It has a similar taste, but the texture is firmer and it doesn’t flake apart as easily as real crab meat. If you like California Roll, most of the time they use fake crab to make it. You can imitation crab in the refrigerated section of your grocery store.

Bah, Capin beat me!

But the real question is… does it taste like chicken? =P

Oh, I’m familiar with pollock. Never knew that it was considered a crab substitute though. This will change a lot of recipes in my household…