This is NOT my recipe, its off a webpage and is from Bob Evans, I guess. I got it from a co-worker. Its great and easy to make. Enjoy!
Weekend Brunch Casserole
SUBMITTED BY: Bob Evans® and Owens®
“This easy breakfast is a great way to start the day. Sausage, eggs and cheese are layered over a crescent roll base for a delicious and filling meal.”
PREP TIME 15 Min
COOK TIME 15 Min
READY IN 30 Min
• 1 pound Bob Evans or Owens® Original Recipe Sausage Roll
• 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
• 1 (8 ounce) can refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
• 4 eggs, beaten
• 3/4 cup milk
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Crumble and cook sausage in medium skillet over medium heat until browned. Drain.
- Line bottom of greased 13 x 9 inch baking dish with crescent roll dough, firmly pressing perforations to seal. Sprinkle with sausage and cheese. Combine remaining ingredients in medium bowl until blended; pour over sausage.
- Bake 15 minutes or until set. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting into squares; serve hot. Refrigerate leftovers.
I don’t use as much milk as the recipe calls for, and I think it takes longer to bake than it says. AND if the eggs don’t cook all the way through (in the center of the casserole), I cut it in half, flip both sides around (so the middle is at the ends) and bake for a few more minutes.