Aulm's Chili

There’s nothing like a big bowl of chili on a cold winter’s evening. The spicier the better, and the fresh habanero peppers kick this up several notches. This recipe started out with chicken, but my housemates and I came across ground bison (buffalo) at the store one day, and the richness of it meshed perfectly with the spices we used. However, any meat will do here, and even skipping the carne completely will leave the vegetarians in the house with a fine, fine dish. This recipe uses canned beans and tomatoes for ease of prep, but feel free to use fresh roma tomatoes and beans instead.
Also, this is totally from memory, and might change if I remember that I forgot something :-/
For more heat, leave the seeds in the peppers. or just add some more fresh peppers.
Enjoy!

–spice blend–
2 tbsp. new mexico chili powder
2 tbsp. pasilla chili powder (a bit hard to find, you can double the n.m. powder instead)
2 tsp. paprika
2 tbsp. black pepper
2 tsp. garlic powder
1 tbsp. cumin
–chili–
1 lb. ground bison (substitute beef or turkey if desired)
1-2 tsp. worcestershire sauce
1-2 tsp. chipotle Tabasco
2 15oz. cans red kidney beans
3 15oz. cans pinto beans
1 28oz. can crushed tomatoes
1 large red onion, chopped
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
1-2 serrano peppers, seeded, chopped
1-2 habanero peppers, seeded, chopped
1 tbs. molasses

Mix the spice blend ingredients together well. Divide in two portions. In large pot, combine beans (with liquid), tomatoes, onions, and garlic and heat to boiling. Boil for one minute, then reduce to a simmer and add chopped peppers and one-half of spice blend. Heat medium skillet to medium-high heat. Add bison, remaining half of spice blend, worcestershire, and tabasco, and cook until almost completely brown. Add bison (with drippings) and molasses to pot. Simmer for 30-45 minutes.

OH EM GEE!!! You like your food spicy!!! This would KILL me!!! :angelic-cyan: