Application for Dedaris

Hi, I’m Dedaris.

I’m not a serious Gamer but I’ve enjoyed video games for most of my life: My first home console was an Intellivision; I have fond memories of playing Castle Wolfenstein and Lode Runner on an Apple IIe in school (of course, after reaching inside to pull out the speaker wire so the teacher won’t hear it); and I own Pac-Man Fever on 45. As an adult my gaming console purchases have been mainly driven by the Final Fantasy series.

I’ve loved the Fantasy genre for as long as I can remember and my favorite archetype is the Ranger. It began with characters who use a bow and were good in the woods. Guys like Robin Hood, Legolas, and John J. Rambo. I don’t think I will ever stop wishing for that magic bow the Ranger had in the original Dungeons & Dragons cartoon. But the biggest influence in Fantasy came in high school when R. A. Salvatore introduced us to Drizzt Do’Urden. Since then I’ve had eyes for no other class. I may occasionally dabble with a mage, but it’s been 30 years of Rangers and that’s the way I like it.

I’ve been a casual WoW player off and on since Wrath, although I didn’t really get fully into the game until Cata. I mostly play hunters and can only do ranged DPS. My one attempt at a healing class was a disaster and melee confuses me so I can’t tank.

There are two reason I’m applying to join GOML.
The first is that my guild has shrunk since Cata. A lot of the time I play it’s just me, or maybe one other person on. It’s not often I see 3 or 4. I feel bad about making that worse by leaving, but Legion was kind of a lonely place after the first few weeks. It makes me sad to leave, but with BfA coming soon I’d like to have people I can explore new lands and fight monsters with. Plus, that big sword in the ground scares me, and it’s dangerous to go alone.
The second reason I want to join is that I like your guild and the way you do things. I’ve been raiding with Mirosa’s Learning raids through OpenRaid for several weeks and I’ve had a blast. You’re a really fun group. You’re also very nice; I tried running a few times during the ToS raids and even when I caused multiple wipes due to lag issues no one yelled at me :slight_smile:

I’m currently on Uther, but that’s easily remedied if you’ll have me.

The first album I can remember owning was a Kenny Rogers Greatest Hits collection on cassette (don’t judge me).
My favorite color is blue. No! yello-
NO CARRIER

Dedaris!

Come on down… =D We’d love to have you!

I’m so sorry to hear that your guild has shrunk. If there was anyone over there you were still close to, tell them to come over here and app too. =D

When you’re ready to do the realm transfer, just let me know and I’ll invite you in. =)

And he’s in!!! =D

/cheers